Water & Sewer Billing & Payments
Each month, employees of the Utilities Department collect from water customers a reading of the amount of water that passed through the water meter since the last reading.
- Bills, representing the amount of water used during the previous calendar month, are usually mailed during the third week of the month.
- Bills are due on the 1st day of each month and shall be payable by the 10th day of each month.
- Bills paid on or before the 10th day of each month shall be allowed a discount of 15% of the gross monthly bill. The bills sent to your home will reflect this discount by offering net and gross amounts.
- Any bill paid after the 10th of the month will be charged the gross amount. Should the 10th day of the month fall on either a Saturday or a Sunday, the net amount will be charged until 8 am on the following Tuesday morning.
- Should customers not pay their bills by the 10th of the month, a late notice will be sent as reasonably possible following the 10th, reminding the account owner their payment is delinquent.
- Any bill that has not been paid by the 15th of the month or the first working day following the 15th, a disconnect letter will be sent, at least 10 days prior to the disconnect date for that month, stating the date and time all payments shall be made or that account shall be subject to a late fee/disconnect fee and disconnected or shut off for nonpayment.
Forms & Policies
Download a Request for Water Extension Form (PDF). Please print this form, sign and email to email@example.com or bring it in person to city hall. NOTE: The extension is not considered granted or approved until an approved copy is sent bank to the customer via email or is signed by a city hall staff member when delivered.
No verbal extensions will be granted.